Friday, April 21, 2017

Cappies Post


This is a post for the Cappies about the work I have done as promotions manager.

Hello, my name is Mya Johnson and I am the promotions manager for the Redeemer production of Around the World in 80 Days. For the past couple of months I have worked to promote this play in our community and was in charge of the media relating to the play. The following are some examples of the work that I have done:

1) Social Media Coverage

I was in charge of making sure that social media was updated with information about the play and photographs that I took. I sent photos and updates to Mrs. Dentz, who is in charge of our Facebook page and newsletter. I also sent photos to Sarah M. who posted about the play on the student council Instagram page.

2) Photographing Rehearsals

I have photographed several rehearsals over the past few weeks, ranging from the early stages of practicing to behind the scenes photos of our crew in action. I then used these for the blog, put them on social media, and will keep them for future use in the yearbook and/or the school website.



3) Drama Blog

I had lots of fun updating this drama blog with performance information and some of the photos that I took over the weeks. I hope that people enjoyed the opportunity to see behind the scenes of the play and watch the progress of the rehearsals. Please look through the blog to see some of my posts.


4) Media Arts

I was in charge of organizing the media arts involved in the play. I worked with the media arts class, as they made the glam shots that are displayed in the gym. Madison M, a media arts student, made the promotional posters that were hung in schools and churches around the community. I tasked grade 12 student Sydney L. to design the tickets because she wants to be a graphic designer, and they turned out beautifully. The last thing that I did was design the program for the performances.





No comments:

Post a Comment